Just Ask Paul
Paul Brancaleon, NADCA Director of Research, Education & Technology, will be live streaming Episode 3 at 12:00PM CDT April 6,2020.
If you are interested in joining us live please click here.
Remember you can continue to submit questions by clicking here.
Episode 2: March 26, 2020
Episode 2 List of Questions and Time Located in Video
1) What is the state of additive manufacturing worldwide? How does the US compare to other countries?
Time location: 00:33
2)We have a leak test requirement on one of our die castings. Is there a common mechanism within die castings that causes a leak path to grow over time? We have struggled with castings that pass the specification originally, fail at our customer, and also fail when they send it back to us to recheck. What potential factors could come into play here?
Time location: 4:50
3) The cleanliness of Al ingot can be measured by Prefil/ PoDFA. How can inclusions be quantified/measured in the Al for structural components, for example, a shock tower?
Time location: 9:50
4) We use a 100gal water tank to quench aluminum die castings. We use soft water to fill the tank. Then, use a pump to circulate the water through a tube heat exchanger. The problem is that the heat exchanger and tank surfaces become built up with a "slime"/"gray?
Time location: 13:01
5) Is there any updated calculation for the gate area relative to the part weight and shape for structural castings versus traditional component castings?
Time location: 17:45
6) What is NADCA's opinion on Composite Toe vs Steel Toe Boots?
Time location: 21:20
7) Do you have an excel spreadsheet for Die Thermal calculation?
Time location: 23:15
Episode 1: March 20, 2020