NADCA Membership Plus
We are pleased to announce a value-added enhancement to NADCA Individual Membership, NADCA Membership Plus. Membership Plus grants access to Die Casting Solutions, a new online community of information and resources.
- Online Engineering Calculators - Online engineering calculators are frequently developed and released to supplement articles and discussions. These include the Flash Predictor, PQ2 lite, the Shock Absorber app and Advanced Slow Shot Velocity calculator.
- Exclusive Applications
- PQ2 - The PQ2program is designed to assist die casters, die builders and part designers to optimally match the casting, machine and process based on design requirements. The program does the calculations that establish the relationships between gate area, plunger diameter, machine power, hydraulic pressure, atomized flow and cavity fill rate. The objective is to match the gate area to the part quality requirements and then select a machine and plunger so that the operating window as large as possible and consistent with quality requirements. The minimum machine power necessary to maximize the operating window is determined from basic part requirements and the optimal plunger range is determined for a specified machine. Tools are also provided to select a nominal operating point that “centers” the process, placing the operating point near the center of the operating window. The operating point selection tools work whether or not the machine and plunger are selected based on the optimization.
- Greenhouse Gas Calculator - Determine the carbon footprint of a die casting facility by inputting the amount of energy used. Use this information to determine if the facility needs to report greenhouse gas emissions and where greenhouse gas emissions can be reduced. Multiple facilities can be compared using carbon dioxide equivalence per pounds of product shipped.
- Downloadable Software
- 316-CD Castview Visualization Software
- Downloadable NADCA Publications - Once a quarter, NADCA will make available a featured publication. Plus members can download the FREE publication and add it to their electronic library! Currently available:
- E908 - Die Casting Safety
- 692 - Die Casting Environmental Management Manual
- Exclusive Quarterly Technical Webinars – Members have complete, free, and exclusive access to quarterly technical webinars. These webinars focus on in-depth coverage of critical die casting technologies. Unlike other NADCA webinars, copies of the technical webinar slides and recordings are archived in the engineering Web area. This allows all Plus members to revisit all previous webinars at any time. To find out what the next webinar hosted exclusively for this area will be, please contact the Webinar Coordinator.
Previous webinars include:
- Thermal Engineering Part 1- Calculating the heat balance of a die casting die for better thermal control.
- Thermal Engineering Part 2 - Calculating the shot sleeve heat balance for enhanced life.
- Understanding the improved fill time calculations and introducing fluidity predictions.
- Predicting the Fill Length
- Laser Microwelding and Additive Manufacturing Methods for Die Repair
- Special Engineering Community – Members are able to access a community of engineers discussing a host of die casting technologies. This community also discusses technical articles, engineering polls, and popular questions. Technical articles cover a wide range of die casting topics including shot profile engineering, productivity improvements, new technologies, recent developments in R&D, and more. Unlike other web areas, this area is only accessible to those that have NADCA Membership Plus. Therefore, die casters outside North America are not participating in or viewing the discussions.
As you can see, there is a great deal of value in NADCA Membership Plus.
Membership Plus Options
- Current NADCA Individual Members and employees of NADCA Corporate Members: The cost to upgrade your existing membership to NADCA Membership Plus is only $21 for a year of access! Complete the form and upgrade your current membership to Plus. Only residents of North America are eligible for Individual Membership Plus.
- Non-Members: There are numerous benefits to having an Individual Membership with NADCA. If you would like to have all the Plus benefits as well as those provided by Individual Membership, then you should sign-up for Individual Membership Plus. The cost for Individual Membership Plus is $106.00 - (Includes: Individual Membership fee, Membership Plus dues and a processing fee). Please complete the online application to become a new member with Individual Membership Plus*.
- Already have Membership Plus? Access the online community!
*U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank.
Problems accessing your Membership Plus? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more help.