Senior Die Cast Engineer
March 8, 2021
The Senior Die Cast Engineer role will bring innovative and timely solutions for process standardization & control, cost improvement, asset reliability, scrap reduction, new process equipment & methods and advanced technology. This role will be a technical leader in our organization by assisting in creating strategy, identifying opportunities, establishing collaborative environments, aligning with key stakeholders, prioritizing & planning activity, measuring results and communicating & rewarding the successes. It will require working closely across multiple teams to provide cost effective solutions that are designed for manufacturing at a world class level.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead continuous improvement activities and lean tool deployment for KPI improvement of scrap, labor, TPM, EHS performance and variation reduction.
- Design, specify, develop costing and create proposals for new die cast technology.
- Provide training material and guidance for the die cast and its associated secondary processes.
- Ensure consistency in the way the zinc process is engineered, documented and sustained in the facility.
- Drive process & equipment readiness delivering capable and error-proofed die cast products.
- Provide expert product design recommendations and feedback for new and existing components suitable for manufacturing consistently at world class performance levels.
- Support and deploy tooling organizational strategy that allows Strattec to meet or exceed objectives of tooling in 8 weeks or less, with standardized designs & fabrication processes, at the best cost & quality.
- Leverage lean concepts and industry benchmarks such as visual factory, standard work, error proofing, single piece flow, six sigma, kaizen, TPM and Industry 4.0 to simplify the organization and eliminate decisions in the design, manufacture, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting processes.
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree from an engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with die casting tooling and/or die cast processing/engineering.
- Process Expert -Strong die casting background with emphasis on tooling design/manufacturing, processing of die cast tooling, cost estimation & preventative maintenance.
- Data Driven Decision Maker - Efficiently collect, analyze and present data in a clear & concise format, interpret data analysis and provide insightful recommended solutions.
- Change Agent – Execute timely change thru the implementation of lean concepts and process improvements, small & large, on-plan and within budget.
- Influencer - Ability to influence thru communication skill, data analysis & insightful presentation.
- The ability to manage projects and work in a team project environment is required.
- Understanding of lean concepts and how to apply them to a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of quality control and part print references (GD&T).
- Experience with mold/die flow and CREO/PRO-E software is a plus.
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/RDwZ4XUZnkOpHVOxs4RZ1