Polaris Seeks Casting Engineer
Posted November 6, 2018
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don’t just create products — they are part of a lifestyle. It’s the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris’ innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles.
Polaris sources millions of castings every year. They release new designs of at least 100 castings every year. This position is on an established team based in Wyoming, MN who assist Polaris Program leaders, Engineering, Quality and Purchasing to ensure Polaris design and purchase world class castings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Required Experience and Skills
- Responsible for leading engineering efficiencies for all types of castings
- Work primarily on non-ferrous high pressure die castings but also be able to work on ferrous and non-ferrous sand, investment and permanent mold castings
- Perform analyses on castings including, cast part design for manufacturability reviews, print evaluations, should costs and best material and manufacturing process selections
- Utilize the Polaris product development process to drive tool development from part conception through start of production, participate in design reviews with suppliers and attend tool samples as needed
- Lead casting related continuous improvement activities, analyze field problems and recommend possible solutions and visit suppliers when needed to resolve issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to travel domestically and internationally
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years in the tooling and manufacturing of cast parts preferred
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to solve technical problems
- Able to project manage
- Creative and innovative
- Decisive and prone to action
- Quality and customer focused
- ProE or similar CAD experience
- Competent using Microsoft office applications such as Excel and PowerPoint
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
How to Apply
For further details and to apply please visit the following link:
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.