SHILOH Seeks Sr. Process Engineer
Posted October 19,2017
Shiloh Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: SHLO) is a leading global supplier of lightweighting, noise and vibration solutions to the automotive, commercial vehicle and industrial markets, capable of delivering solutions in aluminum, magnesium, steel and high strength steel alloys for original equipment manufacturers and suppliers.
Headquartered in Valley City, Ohio; Shiloh has nearly 3,100 dedicated employees with 28 locations for operations, sales and technical centers throughout Asia, Europe and North America. Visit www.shiloh.com for more information.
Plans, directs and performs engineering, consulting, quoting, design, and prototyping services for clients requiring or researching die cast parts
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Solicits and markets die cast engineering expertise to current or potential customers to improve the Company’s long range competitive position in competition with several other companies offering similar services.
- Conducts continuity meetings with other production engineers, both in the development phase, and later in the production tooling phase.
- Develops vendor sources and works with them to continuously improve their costs, and services, thereby enhancing the competitive position of Shiloh.
- Conducts activities to assure quick delivery, on-time, launch /prototype parts of continually improving quality and at a fair profit to Shiloh.
- Follows established procedures in quoting to customers, soliciting quotes from vendors, auditing vendors, issuing purchase orders, approving vendor invoices, and recommending billing of customers, all in an organized, high-integrity well documented manner. This position may also be responsible for costing, processing, design, procurement, and launch of new products.
- Interface with design personnel at development stage to suggest designs that will improve efficiency and reduce costs. Communicate with quality assurance in developing dimensional, ES testing specifications to point out potential high scrap items and deal with them before design is complete.
- Assists in the implementation of new process cells, and develop the tooling and processes.
- Determines tooling, process, and equipment capabilities. Specifies repairs, revisions, and maintenance schedules for tooling and equipment.
- Ability to work overtime
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Math Skills - Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university and ten to eleven years related experience.
Additional Competencies, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of CAD and FEA principals and limitations.
- Working knowledge of automotive chassis systems, BIW, Structural body components and energy absorbing components and systems.
- Knowledge of GDT
- Ability to visualize, read and interpret 3D CAD data
This position requires a low degree of physical effort.
This position has some potential for accidents and some exposure to multiple recognized health hazards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. All job functions are subject to modification.
*Shiloh Industries does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to any member within Shiloh Industries will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Talent Acquisition Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services.
1200 Power Drive
Auburn, IN 46706, USA